FORMAT: NTSC What's this?San Francisco
sits in the Northern part of California
and is generally recognized as one of the most liberal cities in the United States. Follow Justine Shapiro
though this unusual and thriving cosmopolitan metropolis packed onto the tip of the peninsula where the Pacific Ocean
meets the San Francisco Bay
Along the way...
- Visit the Castro neighborhood, a Mecca for the gay community
- Meet authentic hippies in Haight Ashbury - a place at the centre of the Flower Power movement in the 60s
- Sample some hard core vegan food
- Visit the famous prison island of Alcatraz
- On a day trip out of San Francisco see the giant redwoods at Muir Woods National Park
for more information about this show.