FORMAT: NTSC What's this?Shopping
is one of the oldest human activities. It is one of the best ways to get a quick introduction to the country, letting you see what people make and how they sell it. From Turkish rug merchants to Asian gem sellers, seeking bargains, boas and spears, our travellers have seen some of the best shopping on the planet.
Join Jonathan Atherton
, Neil Gibson
, Megan McCormick
, Estelle Bingham
, Justine Shapiro
and Ian Wright
as they experience the best shopping the world has to offer.
Along the way...
- Discover the secrets of the Black Pearl in Tahiti
- Barter for a carpet in Istanbul's Grand Bazaar
- Buy a piece of the Berlin Wall in Germany
- Trade with bead money on Busu - Solomon Islands
- Shop in Mexico's finest silversmiths
for more information about this show.