FORMAT: NTSC What's this?Central China
is the cradle of Chinese civilisation. Comprised of four states: Shaanxi
and Inner Mongolia
. The region is brought together by the legendary Yangtze River
and the mythology of fear and fertility it carries.
Traveller Megan McCormick begins her journey in the capitalist city of Shanghai
before traveling through Suzhou
to the stunning Yellow Mountains
. After a few days hiking and a trip down the river she ends her journey among the Terracotta Army of Xi'an
Along the way...
- Train with Shanghai's famous acrobatic troupe
- Learn to spin silk in Suzhou
- Sample local snake wine in Tunxi
- Visit the huge Three Gorges Dam
- View the Buddhist carving in the caves at Dazu
for more information about this show.