FORMAT: MULTI-REGION What's this?
A double DVD set
containing 3 shows
...plus additional BONUS EPISODE: Short History of the Middle East
Known as the "cradle of civilisation", the Middle East
is the meeting point between Africa, Europe and Asia, and contains some of the most beautiful and mystical scenery in the world. Unfortunately, due to cultural and political complexities, only a handful of visitors get to experience the genuine hospitality of the people and see the region's stunning ancient cities.
Join our Globe Trekkers Justine Shapiro
, Ian Wright
and Megan McCormick
on a historical whistle stop tour of the Middle East. Follow them discovering the major historic sites that have shaped its empires, religions and conflicts.
Ian Wright starts his journey in Jordan's Wadi Rum Desert
, traveling south past the ruins at Petra
and then on to Beirut
. He ends his journey in Syria
at the ancient town of Palmyra
Further South, traveller Megan McCormick visits battle scarred Kuwait
before traveling on to Dubai
and finally Oman
. Justine Shapiro completes the journey traveling through Israel
and the Sinai Desert
Along the way...
- Witness a Sufi ritual and the mystical order of the Whirling Dervishes
- Revel in the festivities of Liberation Day on the streets of Kuwait City
- Play a round of golf with one of the most flamboyant sheiks in Arabia
- Spend the night in a stable in Jerusalem
- Climb Mount Sinai in Egypt