FORMAT: MULTI-REGION What's this?2 shows on 1 DVD
: Indian Ocean Islands
and Sri Lanka & The Maldives
The Indian Ocean Islands
, off the East coast of Africa
, are an indisputable paradise on earth with their luxurious resorts, sun-kissed beaches and sparkling turquoise seas. Africans, Indians, Europeans and even pirates have all settled here in this timeless tropical paradise.
Traveler Ian Wright
visits just a handful of the hundreds of Indian Ocean islands. Beginning in the most luxurious hotel in the Republic of Mauritius
, he then fly's to the island of Reunion
before ending his journey in the Republic of Seychelles
on the islands of Mahe
and La Digue
Next traveler Megan McCormick
begins her journey in Colombo
, capital of Sri Lanka
. She travels to the East coast to surfing paradise Arugam Bay
, visits Ratnapura
, before driving to Kandy
. Flying to The Maldives
, she ends her trip with a diving safari around the maze of idyllic uninhabited islands.
Along the way...
- Journey into an active volcano at Piton de la Fournaise
- Place a bet at Champ de Mars - the second oldest race course in the world
- Do a little 'big game' fishing in the Republic of Seychelles
- Climb the impressive fortress built by King Kasyapa, in Sigiriya, fifteen hundred years ago
- Visit Ratnapura, the city of gems, where mines give up pink and blue sapphires
for more information about these shows.