FORMAT: MULTI-REGION What's this?Hong Kong
are 2 islands inextricably linked by their huge neighbour. Modern metropolises full of eastern traditions, they're forging forward in the 21st century as China's little dragons
Traveller Megan McCormick
begins her journey in Hong Kong, looking out at the incredible skyline from Victoria Peak
. She then takes in the contrasts of the city before taking the ferry visit Tap Mum Chau
and Lantau Island
. After a flight to Taiwan she explores the capital Taipei
, ending her trip with a visit to its most remote outpost - Orchid Island
Along the way...
- Drive through the stunning Taroko Gorge
- Place your bets at the Happy Valley Race Course
- Take a lesson in Tai Chi on the Kowloon waterfront
- Experience a glorious sunrise from the peak of Jade Mountain
- Indulge yourself with a shopping trip to the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone
for more information about this show.