FORMAT: MULTI-REGION What's this?
Situated on the North West corner of South America
, the Peruvian Andes
contrast dramatically with the lush tropical rain forests making Peru
one of the most geographically and culturally diverse countries on earth.
Traveller Neil Gibson
starts his adventure in Peruís capital Lima
. From there he travels north to trek through the glaciers from the Andean city of Huaraz
. Via the surfing town of Trujula
, he moves into the Amazon
and explores the abundant rain forest wildlife. Taking a flight south he ends his journey in the Inca capital of Cuzco
Along the way:
- Climb a glacier 10,000 feet above sea level
- Eat piranha on an Amazon river trek
- Witness the spectacular celebrations of the Raymi Sun Festival
- Trek to the Inca ruins at Machu Picchu
- View the mysterious Nazca Lines
for more information about this show.